A message to anyone grieving, from our Activists
“We all grieve differently.” That’s the message our Activists want to give to any young person who has experienced a bereavement or loss in their life. There’s no right or wrong way to grieve, and your feelings are valid.
If you, or a young person you know is finding it hard to cope with grief, we’ve gathered stories, experiences and advice on where to get support. Together with our Activists, we want others to know, you are not alone.
You had me at yellow…
#HelloYellow is back for World Mental Health Day, Thursday 10 October. Sign up now for your free fundraising kit and help raise vital funds for YoungMinds.
Parents A-Z Guide on Grief and Loss
If your child has experienced a bereavement or loss, visit our guide for advice and information on where you can get help. Our guide includes ways to talk about death with a child, warning signs to look out for and helplines and services you can use.
Work in a school?
We’re looking for school staff from secondary or special schools to join our Teachers’ Insights Group, and share your experience and knowledge to help us shape our work. The group meets bi-monthly and takes place in our London office. If you are interested please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
New on the blog this month…
- How I Started Talking About My Grief: Ryan shares how he processed his grief and spoke to people he trusted after his best friend passed away.
- How I Battled My Issues With Body Image: Lily shares some tips for anyone who is struggling with their body image.
- Coping With The Death Of My Best Friend: Jacob lost his best friend to suicide at 16. Here he describes how it affected him, and what his grief felt like.
If you’re worried about your child visit
for advice and info on getting help.
Also this month…
- Want to learn how to respond to self-harm in young people and manage the risks? Book onto our Self-Harm training in London, Tuesday 10 September.
- We have spaces available on our Early Years Mental Health training course, London, 24 September.
- We’re moving office! From 16 August our new address will be 4th Floor India House, Curlew St, SE1 2ND.
At YoungMinds, we’re leading the fight for a future where all young minds are supported and empowered, whatever the challenges.