It can be hard to know where to get support if you, or a young person you know, is in a crisis with their mental health. That’s why our new YoungMinds Crisis Messenger service provides free 24/7 crisis support across the UK.
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis you can text YM to 85258. You’ll be connected to a trained volunteer in less than 5 minutes, who will listen, help you think through how you’re feeling, and aim to help you take the next steps towards feeling better.
Download our Posters
We’ve made a series of posters for you to put up in a classroom, staff room, workplace or noticeboard to let people know where they can go to get help for their mental health.
#TellOfsted to Wise Up
School inspections are changing. Now is your chance to #TellOfsted what you think schools should be assessed on in the future. We’re calling on Ofsted to make mental health and wellbeing a priority – what do you think makes a school ‘outstanding’?
Looking for a way to support YoungMinds with others? Join the WalkWithMe group and walk 26 miles in the stunning Oxfordshire countryside on Sunday 19 May. There’s also a 10 mile option for children.
New on the blog this month…
- Why I Needed My School To Prioritise Mental Health: Laura shares what practical help and support would have helped her during a difficult time.
- Living With A High Functioning Mental Illness: What’s it like to live every day with an illness that people can’t see?
- Me, My School and My Mental Health: Becky talks about how exam pressure affected her mental health.
Here’s why we’re asking you to #TellOfsted to prioritise wellbeing in schools.
If you’re worried about your child visit
for advice and info on getting help.
Also this month…
- We are looking for a new Database Assistant, who is detail-orientated, proactive and has an interest in data. Apply before Sunday 17 March.
- If you are passionate about upskilling professionals who work with children and young people, this is your opportunity to apply to be Head of Training & Development, and lead a team to deliver the highest quality training and consultancy services.
- Do you want to help children and young people manage their angry feelings, and learn how you can best respond? Sign up to our Anger and Mental Health training course, on 4 April in London.
- We have a few spaces remaining on our Trauma training course on 25 April in London.
At YoungMinds, we’re leading the fight for a future where all young minds are supported and empowered, whatever the challenges.