A 10K race… however you want it to be!
Swim, skate, walk or run 10km on any day this June and help raise vital funds and awareness for children and young people’s mental health. 10K Your Way is the most flexible 10K there is – you can do it on any day in June, in any way you want, and anywhere in the world. It’s perfect if you want to walk and talk, cycle, jog, run, swim or even bounce your way to 10K on a space hopper!
And this year, why not get others to join you? You could get a group of friends, family, community groups or schools together to show children and young people the importance of calling on those around you to overcome life’s challenges together. You just need to donate £20 to enter, and in turn you’ll receive a special 10K Your Way medal for your amazing efforts!
Our SATs advice in the Beano comic
We’ve partnered with Beano studios to create content for under 12’s to help support their mental health and wellbeing. This month, it’s all about SATs, where new character Mandi is tackling revision.
> Read More
Could you do 10 kick-ups on camera? Two of our wonderful fundraisers, Paula Henley and Emma Burke, have launched the #KickUpChallenge on social media, to raise awareness about young people’s mental health. So far hundreds of people across the country, including Harry Redknapp, have taken up the challenge – will you?
> More About The Campaign
Starting the Conversation
Talking to your child about how they’re feeling can be hard. By taking 20 minutes to do an activity you both enjoy, you’ll create a relaxed space to start that conversation. Our #Take20 Hub has lots of fun activity ideas, conversation starters and resources to make talking easier.
> Visit the #Take20 Hub
New on the blog this month…
- All the Revision and Exam Tips You’ll Ever Need: How can you look after your mental health during exam season? What’s the best way to revise? We’ve gathered all the tips you’ll ever need for revising and sitting exams.
- How to Look After Your Mental Health During Revision and Exams: If you’re struggling with your mental health during revision and exam season, you’re not alone. Honor shares ways you can look after yourself.
- Me, My Daughter and our Mental Health: After supporting his daughter through mental health problems, Chris reflects on the strength of the human spirit.
Parents Lounge: Discussing Psychosis
Our Parents Helpline team discuss what you need to know if your child is experiencing psychosis.
If you’re worried about your child visit
for advice and info on getting help.
Also this month…
- Our Parents Helpline is a lifeline for thousands of parents and carers worried about a child or young person, helping more than 10,000 families per year. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Helpline Manager to oversee the service. Apply before Sunday 12 May.
- Are you a foster carer, social worker, or work with looked after children? Book onto our Looked After Children and Mental Health training course on 30 May, London.
- We currently have spaces available for our Autism and Mental Health Training on 22 May, London.
- Working in a school? Check out Mentally Healthy Schools, a fantastic website full of resources for primary school teachers.
At YoungMinds, we’re leading the fight for a future where all young minds are supported and empowered, whatever the challenges.