We’re going to Parliament – will your MP be there?
We’ve petitioned, we’ve asked MPs to pledge – and now it’s time to go to Parliament. We need the new government to make firm commitments to improve mental health support for children and young people. That’s why on Monday 30 March, our young Activists are hosting an event in Parliament. They’ll be sharing their experiences of what it’s like to access support, so MPs can find out why early intervention is so important. Could you invite your MP to make sure they come?
Send an email to invite your MP today, so they can meet our Activists and hear first-hand about the mental health crisis young people are facing. We’ll be asking MPs to support our call for a cross-government strategy that looks at the factors that make young people’s mental health worse and makes early support a genuine priority. Have you already contacted your MP? Please share the email invite with friends and family, so your MP knows how important this issue is for their constituents.
Looking after your mental health at uni
University can be a difficult time, with many changes to adjust to and pressure to meet deadlines. Our new guide gives tips and advice for looking after your mental health, and where you can find support at your uni.
> Read more
Training courses to meet your needs
We’ve re-launched our training courses to make sure they respond to the current needs of young people we hear from every day, and the issues professionals are facing. Book onto our improved mental health training and build your skills and confidence today.
>Find out more
New guide: Borderline Personality Disorder
If you’re struggling with borderline personality disorder (BPD), you are not alone. We’ve created a new page with lots of information, advice and ways to get help.
Take on a half marathon for young people’s mental health
Looking for a new running challenge in Leeds, Hull, or Derby? Sign up to the ASDA half marathon and join our fight for young people’s mental health.
> Apply for a place
On the blog this month…
- How to support a partner who is struggling with their mental health: It can be hard to know how best to support a partner struggling with their mental health. Amy, 17, share her tips.
- How gaming helped my mental health: We often hear about the negative aspects of gaming, but can it be a positive thing too? Wes shares how gaming helped his mental health when he was struggling.
- Overcoming loneliness at university: One student’s story of how they went from struggling with loneliness and low mood at university to opening up and developing helpful coping strategies.
If you’re worried about your child, visit
for advice and info on getting help.
Also this month…
- Adolescent Mental Health Training, Wednesday 11 March, London: Understand young people’s mental health and support them through their teenage years.
- Anxiety Training, Wednesday 18 March, London: Understand how anxiety affects young people and develop strategies to help them manage it.
- Trauma and Mental Health Training, Thursday 26 March, London: Learn the impact of adverse life experiences on children’s wellbeing and how to support them.
At YoungMinds, we’re leading the fight for a future where all young minds are supported and empowered, whatever the challenges.