International Women’s Day (March 8) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating women’s equality. There are a number of events happening in our region, including:
- Walking With in North Tyneside: Friday 6 March 10am to 2.30pm. For women seeking asylum or granted refugee status, contact email@example.com.
- Inspirational Women from the Past: Friday 6 March 1.30pm to 2.30pm at Newcastle City Library. Delivered in partnership between Banyan Arts and Living History North East. Book your place here.
- North Tyneside Women’s Voices: Sunday 8 March 6pm to 8pm at Whitley Bay Big Local. Please RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Active North Tyneside: Wednesday 11 March 6.30pm to 8.30pm at The Parks Sports Centre. Book your place here.
- Women’s Art Therapy Workshop: Sunday 8 March from 10.30am at Market Street. Newcastle. Creating Space on International Women’s Day with Arts Psychotherapies UK. Book your place here