Exercise releases chemicals in your brain that make you feel good. Regular exercise can also boost your self-esteem and help you concentrate, sleep, look and feel better.
Being active doesn’t have to mean going to the gym, taking up jogging or wearing Lycra. There are lots of ways to be active – and they don’t need to cost much money.
- Ten Pin Bowling, Swimming and Walking – Awakenings North East
- Walking/Rambling on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays – Newcastle and District CHA & HF Rambling Club
- Easy Walks, Gentle Exercise, Tai Chi – Search, Benwell, Newcastle (services for older people in the west end of Newcastle)
- Creating and Maintaining Habitats on Nature Reserves – Northumberland Wildlife Trust
- Livestock Volunteering, Horticultural Volunteering: Develop Skills as a Stepping Stone to a Career – Ouseburn Farm